Certificate of Infection Control and Barrier Protection Proficiency Course
Because the need for infection prevention training is at critical mass.
The accredited Certificate of Infection Control and Barrier Protection Proficiency (CICBP) course addresses all major elements of infection prevention. It focuses on pragmatic prevention processes in clinical healthcare environments and includes a special module focused specifically on CMS guidelines for infection prevention as it relates to COVID-19.
This course—designed specifically for practicing Allied Health Professionals—provides a simulated practice of documenting patient-doctor communication and clinical events as they unfold.1-3 Hours / Self-Paced / Online Access / Mentor Supported
Who Should Take This Course?
In times of heightened concern, people search for ways to make a difference. And as COVID-19 continues to send shockwaves through our communities, you might be wondering what you can do to help. Infection prevention training is a small commitment that could have a tremendous impact on your friends, family, and neighbors.
- Describe Mandated Infection Control and Barrier Protection Standards
- Describe Cleaning Disinfection and Sterilization (CDS)
- Discuss Awareness, Prevention, and Control of Infectious Disease
- Explain Needle-Stick and Sharps Safety (NSS)
- Understand Bloodborne Pathogens Prevention (BBP)
- Recognize Personal Protective Equipment in Healthcare (PPE)
- Understand Hand Washing and Glove Requirements for Health & Safety
- Discuss Sepsis Awareness and Education
- Outline CDC Guidelines Regarding COVID-19/Coronavirus