The Infection Control and Barrier Protection Proficiency Course
Brush up on your infection prevention skills in a time of heightened concern:
- 3-10 total hours of study
- 17 self-paced, online modules
COVID-19 has changed the way we live—and these changes have ripple effects that will continue to permeate our lives long after we return to our “normal” routines. Which means infection prevention is key to our country’s ongoing recovery. If you’re looking for ways to brush up on your skills, refresh your knowledge, and flatten the curve, the Infection Control and Barrier Protection Proficiency course is the perfect resource.
- 3-10 Study Hours
- Self-Paced Study
- Online Access
What You'll Learn:
Personal Hygiene & Protection
You’ll learn how to protect yourself—and others—by practicing healthy habits.
Cleaning & Sterilization
To provide the best treatment, you’ll have to know how to keep equipment and tools sterilized—we’ll provide all the details.
We’ll walk you through all CMS guidelines for infection prevention as they relate to COVID-19.
- Certificate of Completion: Infection Control Basic Proficiency
- Transmission Prevention & Control of Infection
- Preventing Needlestick & Sharp-Object Injuries
- Engineering & Work Practice Controls
- Protection from Blood-Borne Pathogens
- Barriers & Personal Protective Equipment
- Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) in a Healthcare Environment
- Cleaning, Disinfection, and Sterilization
- Prevention & Control of Infectious Disease
- Handwashing Infection Control in Healthcare
- Sepsis Awareness & Education
- Certificate of Sepsis Prevention Proficiency
- COVID19 CMS Guidelines
- Simulation: Hand Hygiene With Sanitizer Code
- Simulation: Hand Hygiene With Soap & Water
- Simulation: Isolation PPE Protocol - Donning & Doffing
- Certificate of Infection Control Basic Proficiency (CICBP) Final Exam
- Certificate of Infection Control Basic Proficiency (CICBP) Certificate Request