Gain the Skills You Need to be an Inpatient Auditor
Choose our training for:
- Career advancement – Develop the professional skills you need to move into inpatient auditing by building on your inpatient coding experience.
- Increased salary – Inpatient auditing salaries are generally higher than those of inpatient coders. Recent job postings have offered salaries ranging from $67,000 to $96,000 a year.
- Quick Training – Career Step training is specifically designed for busy adult learners who have limited time. You can test out of material you already know, and the online format makes it easy to study when it is convenient so you can be done in a year or less.
- Coder — Using your coding accuracy and quality knowledge, applying these skills to auditing, and being able to empathize with coders as you deliver your audit results.
- Investigator — Finding undocumented diagnoses and clinical indicators, and understanding when a physician query is required.
- Problem solver — Tracking an issue to solution, conducting self-directed research, ensuring complete and accurate coding, and uncovering information on laws and guidelines.
- Appraiser — Reporting on the condition, quality, and importance of what you have examined, and using your insight into health laws and guidelines.
- Analyzer — Examining the data collected from the audit and determining what reimbursement may change based on a holistic view of your findings.
- Communicator — Understanding the audience, providing clear written communication, developing detailed reports and summaries, and presenting at all organizational levels.
You will need both technical and soft skills, and the Career Step Inpatient Auditing program addresses both these areas to help you be successful.
Ultimately, salaries for inpatient auditors vary by employer, geographic location, and experience, and at the end of the day the pay you can expect will depend on the position you accept.
- Employer-trusted education — The Career Step Inpatient Auditing program was developed in conjunction with large employer partners, and others are already using it to train their employees in-house. Choose the education employers have already chosen.
- Engaging curriculum and comprehensive support — Career Step provides engaging, multimedia curriculum and one-on-one access to instructors throughout the course, so you have the help you need throughout your learning experience.
- Affordable tuition — With Career Step�s Inpatient Auditing course you can develop the expertise you need to make your professional career step successful for only $2,699.
Choose Career Step for the quality education you need to take your next career step into inpatient auditing.
See what makes Career Step different in our quick introduction.
- 3 years of inpatient acute care coding experience within the last 5 years
- A current RHIA, RHIT, CCS, or CPC credential
To make sure that you're employable as an inpatient auditor upon graduation, you also will need to maintain 95% coding accuracy and coding productivity in the previous rolling 12 months throughout your training.
All prospective students must take our Inpatient Auditing Skill Evaluation. We require this evaluation to help you assess your background and make sure you have the knowledge and experience necessary to be successful in the program and the career field when you've completed the training. Click to take the evaluation today.
In the case of Inpatient Auditing there is not yet an industry-accepted inpatient auditing certification. However, we are working closely with a number of industry leaders to ensure our program will prepare our students once a certification is available.
The Inpatient Auditing program offered by Career Step is a 12-course, online program that coders can complete to develop specialized skills in inpatient auditing. You may test out of specific courses in the program to ensure that education is focused on the specific skills you need to meet auditing requirements.
- Student Support Advisors who have professional experience in the industry and are uniquely qualified to answer questions about both the curriculum and the industry. They provide timely answers to questions about the program material and offer a number of personal consultations throughout the training to help students master important concepts.
- Technical Support Advisors who are knowledgeable, experienced, and available six days a week to help you work through any technical or computer issues encountered within the training program.
Though the course is entirely online, you'll never be on your own. Career Step's student support team is available to offer personal, ongoing support all the way through the training program.
See what a few Career Step students had to say about their experiences with Career Step's student support.
Course extensions are available once you are 3 months within your course expiration date should you feel you need more time to complete the program.
- Complete online access to expert-created curriculum
- 2 textbooks: The Compliance Officer's Handbook (printed copy) and The Essentials of Clinical Documentation Integrity (ebook)
- One-on-one support from your instructors and our technical support team