Pharmacy Technician (ASHP/ACPE) Program
Is Pharmacy Technician the Right Career Option for Me?
If you're good at math and you enjoy interacting with and helping others, becoming a pharmacy tech is a great career choice. A pharmacy technician career path offers:
Because of the important role pharmacy technicians play, there are nearly 47,000 new jobs expected nationwide by 2026.
Flexible work schedules
The 24/7 nature of many pharmacies offers you the opportunity to find a schedule that easily fits into your life when you're selecting a position.
Solid foundation for future education
The knowledge of a well-trained pharmacy tech is an excellent start for the further education required for a variety of other healthcare careers.
Train with Career Step and you will be training with one of the few online programs that is accredited by ASHP/ACPE American Society of Health-System Pharmacists /Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education.
A pharmacy technician career path offers the opportunity to earn a great income in a growing healthcare field.
Pharmacy Technician FAQs
- An expanding job market as the field is predicted to grow by 9%, or over 35,000 new jobs, before 2024.
- High demand and good job prospects for pharmacy technicians with formal training or certification.
- A growing number of professionals needed in the field to meet the high demand for prescriptions fueled by an aging population and continued scientific advances.
To determine whether your state of residency requires national certification, please refer to your state board of pharmacy's website or our State Requirements pdf.
- Technical Support Advisors who are knowledgeable, experienced, and available six days a week to help you work through any technical or computer issues encountered within the training program.
Every student who enrolls in a Career Step training program receives an initial 12-month period of enrollment. Though the program is designed to be completed in 4 months of full-time study, you'll have a full 12 months to complete your training. If you need extra time to complete the course after your initial 12-month enrollment, 4-month extensions are available for purchase.
- Access to expert-created curriculum
- Complete library of industry standard codebooks
- Access to 3M encoding software
- Online access to the 3M reference library (includes over $1500 worth of references)
- Technical support